Wednesday 29 June 2011

WIP Wednesday 29th June 2011

Here we are again.  This week it is a gorgeous sunny and breezy Wednesday.  We've had some killer muggy heat the last few days so the breeze is much appreciated today.  In the heat progress with yarn has been slow as I dont enjoy working with wool when it is hot.  I have however tediously sewn in all the ends on 15 of my tile blanket squares - only another 5 to go but it is such a boring job!!  Decided to start whipstitching some together last night for a bit of WIP variety.  The 'Happy Hooker' describes whipstitching as a 'less pleasing' way of joining seams but I LOVE it.  Why have I not whipstitched before lol as it is so much quicker than mattress stitch or crochetting seams!


Its so lovely to see squares that were made up to 9 years ago finally coming together.  My longest WIP is becoming my happiest WIP :-)

To see what everyone else is working on this week head over to Tami's Amis blog

19 comments:

  1. Colours are lovely - they remind me of seaside - sky, sand, water! Can't wait to see how it will progress to a FO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good do they look all joined together!

    I agree about the heat - I could barely move the yarn through my fingers last night I was so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your WIP is a happy one, that's always good news! Love the colours you're using - very classy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so in love with this! I love the Mexican hacienda tile look of it! The colors you have chosen are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good. I'm glad a happy ending is in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your colours look so good together, a case of better late than never

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats at putting together a long-time wip! I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the colours on this Clare, it's lovely.

    Whipstitch - must check that out as I need to sew up 99 squares starting tonight!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you're having lovely weather today! I love love love love this blanket! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 9 years ?? *gasps and keels over*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a whipstitch-er, too ;)
    Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also hate sewing in the ends! Its looking really good though, so will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your soon-to-be FO is very happy making!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those squares, they are so cute! I don't mind sewing in ends, but I hate sewing things together. Maybe we should collaborate lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whip stitching is almost always my choice. I love how things lie flatter then if you crochet them together. The mattress stitch is a pain to do, and I think only worth while for a sweater or hat seem.
    Love your ghan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely colors! After all this time, I'm sure you're pleased to almost be done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! 9 years???!!! Congrats on not only getting it done, but on keeping those squares for that long!! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet there are some great memories tied up in those squares :)

    It looks really great, I love the colors! It's one of my favourite colour combos, and the bright blue you've used in the middle really pops!

    ReplyDelete