Wednesday 22 June 2011

WIP Wednesday 22nd June 2011

The longest WIP ever!!!!
This week I have given myself a good talking to and promised to be good and not start yet another project until at least 2 WIP's become FO's.  So I went down to the shed to dig out a very old WIP *blush*!!!  I started this blanket in cough cough 2002 when I first learnt to crochet!  The yarn is cheap acrylic brought from Cardigan Bay market whilst we were on holiday.  I don't think I paid more than a pound a ball and its a mixture of chunky and DK held double.  The throw has always been my holiday project and whenever used to go away for the week it would come with me and then get put behind the sofa or in the shed until the next holiday.  Obviously we don't have enough holidays as 9 years later it is still unfinished.  All the blocks are completed but unfortunately I was lazy and didnt waste holiday time weaving the ends in as I went so this week I am mostly weaving and snipping hundreds of ends.  Then all the blocks need whipstitching together before deciding whether to add a border - sadly I havent got enough yarn left to make the pattern border.

For more lovely creations head over to Everyday crochet and  Tami's Amis blog 

12 comments:

  1. Stupid blogger is stupid ;)

    Good luck on getting it finally finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you telling on yourself ... LOL!!!! 2002 huh? The best part of this project's story is that you're getting it done and it looks great so far!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is a long project, my blogger wasnt happy either but i read on twitter if you upload via draft.blogger.com then it works, thats how i did mine. Good luck with your blanket x

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought some of my projects were old! ;P

    Just FYI, I found that I could upload pictures directly from my computer, but not from online with Blogger this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing! And I thought some of my WIP were too long ongoing! I think you must have beaten some sort of record! But I do love the blanket - It looks so pretty - and very neat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now with pics!!! Blogger is finally mended :-) Thanks for your lovely comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blanket, I would go with no border, I think it looks gorgeous the way it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I can't believe you have had a WIP for that long Clare! *laugh* It's going to be very cute!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely blanket! I love the colours you used :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's pretty ... hope you get it done sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, you may have even me beat with a WIP from that long ago! Good for you for dragging it out and putting an end to it, once and for all. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! I have made several afghans out of squares and after the first couple (I'm a slow learner:0) I started weaving in the ends as I went along. Now, squares are one of my favorite afghans to make. I think yours will be beautiful when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete