Friday 17 June 2011

FO Friday 17th June 2011


Luscious Lace

I am so excited to be showing off this little beauty :-)  Introducing my Summer Mystery KAL 

Laid out for blocking - it grew a lot!!
Trying to catch the lace work through the sun
I've done a little bit of lace work before on cardigans but never anything this detailed.  Starting at the bottom is definitely the way to go - I think I'd have given up in the other direction lol.  I used a Zauberball on a 3.75mm needle and its taken just under a month (with a bit of other WIP work in between!)

Now how do you wear a shawlette???

Round the neck?
to the side?
Think this one may well be a present as I have someone in mind who looks very good in those colours.

I've been busy doing my Toy Challenge week too and have finished two Babushka dolls.  They were very quick makes.  Really looking forward to giving these to the girls at the end of the week :-)  Just a couple of gnomes and a toy bag each to make now.


Dont forget to pop over to Tami's Amis blog to admire all this weeks finished objects

15 comments:

  1. lovely, would like to make some of those dolls, do you have the pattern? Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a ravelry pattern Chloe - I've linked it to the text Babushka. They only took a couple of hours each xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shawl is absolutely beautiful! (I wear mine like your first photo)
    The yarn is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that shawl came out beautiful!! I love the colors!! The dolls are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mystery shawl is fantastic! I love the subtle color changes in the zauberball and how it sort of brings out the pattern instead of obscuring it like other multicolored yarns sometimes do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shawl is stunning, I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - the shawl looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the babushka dolls - such sweet little faces! The shawl looks lovely, too. I always wear mine around my neck. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shawlette is breathtaking! You should be so proud of it and whoever you gift it too will love it I'm sure (though it looks great on you!).

    I love the babushka dolls, too. As Dayna said, the faces are adorable on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shawl looks great, I usually wear them as a bandit type necker. Cute dolls too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is gorgeous and looks great on you. Wasn't this a fun knit? And the babushka dolls are as cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I'm not usually a toy person but I love those Babushka dolls. What sweet faces!

    Your shawl is just gorgeous -- isn't Zauberball great for adding the drama? Someone will be lucky to get such a pretty gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh those dolls are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, the shawl is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    And the dolls are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete