Friday 30 September 2011

FO Friday 30th Sept 2011

Good morning.  What a beautiful day.  Just been to the kids harvest festival, it was lovely.  Got a nice big sunny smile on my face :-)

Well its been a loooong time since I was able to join in a friday!  Very pleased to have 3 show offs today

The first is my crochet cardi.  I finished this during our holiday so was able to wear it on the wet and windy beach.  It is a king cole pattern, crochetted using King cole alpaca on a 4mm needle.  The pattern has sleeves but I prefer it without.


I think this one will get a lot of wear.  Really pleased with the yarn - its beautifully soft.

My next FO is a balaclava for my father in law.  He suffers with emphysema and the cold air can set off an attack.  Hopefully this will keep his airways warm.  I used a skein of malabrigo worsted and knitted on 4.5mm needles.


And the 3rd and final FO is a headband knitted for a christmas gift.  I love the colours of this one and am pleased to find I can make 2 from one ball of Noro Silk Garden.



I have a harvest festival tune going around in my head

I mustn't forget
No I mustn't forget
To say a great big thank you
I mustn't forget

It has given me an idea for my next blog post - a big thank you for all the crafted gifts that we love in our house :-)

I'm off to see what everyone else has finished this week over at  Plums Life  Natural suburbia  and  Tamis Amis blog,

11 comments:

  1. Love the crochet cardigan, really nice shape. Hope the balaclava gets lots of use (the picture of it on its own looks like it is about to eat something!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW everything looks great! I love your cardigan. It looks so nice. The balaclava is such a thoughtful gift. Your FIL will love it. The headband is so cute. I think I might have to make one of those:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the waist coat !!i have the song going around in my head too. the kids were brilliant werent they !! hope to see you wearing your waist coat !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps, thanks for your comment on my blog - the smoothie hat bottles will be sold in Boots and Sainsburys I think - not sure when they start appearing in the shops though! And yep, I have had further wear out of my Clapotis, thank you :) I wore it in France recently, as the pattern was inspired by french women, and felt very fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got a lot done. Love the cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Beautiful sweater! Love the color. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/09/fibers-on-friday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look like someone off Crimewatch in the balaclava :)
    Fantastic crafts Claire, your cardigan looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really fantastic crocheted sweater!! Thanks for sharing all of these great projects with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have finished your cardi, it is looking beautiful and you totally suit it!
    The balaclava looks pretty snug and comfy looking, I hope it really helps your father in law in the winter :)
    The headband looks very pretty, and I love Noro wool but I have never had the opportunity to buy some yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little knitted headband is so cute and I think my dad would love the balaclava as he walks the dog in alls sorts of weather.

    ReplyDelete