Sunday 10 July 2011

A year of projects - week 2


A reminder of Year of Projects list

This is my first Sunday update post and I am already loving the Year of Projects. My brain has been ticking away all week 'will I finish the list, will I finish the list too soon, should I have added more / less..... and I really should have added the Babette blanket!!!!'   So, I have decided that if I do finish my list then I will make the a celebratory Babette blanket :-)  The project has been in my queue since 2008 and I spend many happy hours looking through all the gorgeous blankets people have created.  Until now I've never been able to decide what colours to use but Erin brought a painting home from playgroup this week and the first thing I thought when I saw the paint splodges was 'Babette colour palette'.  Over the next few months I shall be hunting out the colours to match the painting
A vibrant splash of electric blue and green, a shimmer of gold and a background of rich autumnal colours.

Apologies back to the actual list!!!!  I have completed a project - my Moroccan Tile Afghan  This has been a 9 year WIP and I am over the moon to finally get my act together for that last push.  Feel cross with myself that it has been stored away for the last few years and its only now that we can enjoy it.




My next project is to finish my summer KAL shawlette and make a start on a party dress.

19 comments:

  1. I'm fast discovering that the year of projects is becoming addictive. Blog hopping from post to post only makes me want to create more and more projects for myself - your morrocan tile afghan is to die for and the babette blanket is one I've long had in my favourites list over on ravelry and now want to add it to my already extensive list! Argh! Seriously, I love how you've used Erin's painting as inspiration for your colour palette, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all evolves.

    Kate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. love that afghan and those colours are stunning. I have a WIP that has been lingering for a few years. I like your idea of a celebratory project if/when I get through my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using the painting as color inspiration! The Moroccan Tile Afghan is gorgeous! *HIGH FIVE* for finishing a WIP! Love your Pinterest list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for finishing a never ending WIP. It looks really awesome. I love the colors. It looks so snugly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your afghan - it is really nice. I bet after having it a WIP for so long that it has to feel refreshing to get it off the hook (and onto your lap for enjoyment hehehe).

    I also love the inspiration you are drawing from the painting. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you idea of a 'reward' project for getting through the list! That's fantastic!
    Also WOW your afghan is stunning! I don't know how you managed to keep it being a WIP for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your 9 year ghan. Great colors. AND...you make me feel better about my longest ever WIP ghan, Candy Corn which is one of the things on list.
    YOP

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Beautiful! NINE YEARS oh my gosh! it was well worth it though it is amazing looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing the 9-year blanket! It really looks worth the wait.

    Lovely Babette colours too, have fun finding them in the wool shops! I feel as if I have a constant Babette colour choice hum going on in the back of my mind, but am determined not to indulge it until my Granny Stripes is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blanket, very pretty colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo congratulations on finishing such a long term project! And it's beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's looking FABULOUS - the border you chose is perfect!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an accomplishment! love the clors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely afghan. Funny isn't it? How some projects sit for so long that we develop an almost insurmountable dread? Must feel great to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this actually makes me want to learn to crochet... and hopeful that i might one day finish a bunch of the WIPs i have hidden at the back of my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your afghan looks wonderful, how super to finish a languishing WIP and get something so beautiful and snuggly

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning! Congratulations on finally finishing it -- you'll enjoy it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete