Wednesday 6 July 2011

Quilting WiP Wednesday 6th July 2011

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I have just discovered this amazing quilting blog full of beautiful inspirations so I thought I would add my current quilting project.  I'm making a disappearing 9 patch quilt for each of my girls for Christmas - a single bed and cotbed sized quilt.  My eldest requested light pinks, light blues and light purples despite me trying to swing her towards more vibrant colours lol.  So I have gone with these fabrics:


Sold some old clothes on ebay and have saved enough money to buy myself a large cutting mat and 24x6 quilting ruler :-)  They have made life so much easier than struggling with a steel rule and A3 mat!!  My first 3 nine patches are now sewn and cut.  The single sized quilt will have the the centre pink fabric for all of its small squares and I've used a blue polka dot for the centre pieces on the cot bed quilt.






Do you ever get bored of cutting and creating these amazing blocks?










Enjoying playing with patterns.  Looking forward to getting all the patches sewn and cut so I can play with the final design.  Thankfully my other half has a good eye for these things so I might leave that job to him.


Pop over to Freshly Pieced to admire some quilting and needlework beauties

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to use this technique with a charm pack that's waiting for its turn at my machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so amazing that just cutting and moving around the blocks can create such a different pattern! I don't quilt, but love looking at gorgeous handmade quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be a very lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part is playing with the design! It took me forever to get my daughter's Turning Twenty quilt the way I wanted it, but it was fun! Love your quilting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coo - thats clever and enchanting! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and the way you have placed them in the last shot. That is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a disappearing 9 patch with a sherbert pips charm pack, I really like the design.
    Beautiful knitting projects too, love the little short sweaters for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The disappearing 9 patch is such a great design. I like playing with all the different combinations. your quilt is going to be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! That is going to be a wonderful quilt! I love also your crochet blanket!
    Sunny wishes! Teje

    ReplyDelete