Wednesday 13 July 2011

WIP Wednesday 13th July 2011

Well it is the last day of term.  Looking forward to a change in routine and not being dictated to by the school runs but it is a long holiday this time - 7 and half weeks!!!!  Hopefully the sun will shine and the kids on the estate will be preparing a float for the carnival at the end of August.  Anyway back to my WIP's.  My afghan that must have been boring you all senseless over the last few wednesdays is finally a FO and I posted all about it on my year of projects update.  Whilst on a roll a with finishing off old projects I decided to carry on with my 2nd mystery summer KAL rather than starting something new.  I'm enjoying doing a bit of knitting again after a lengthy spell of crochet.



We are going away next Monday so it would be nice to get this one finished so I can take something new on holiday.

For this weeks other creations head over to Tami's Amis blog

12 comments:

  1. Love the colour of the shawl, it looks so soft and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all must have a school schedule that is very different from ours. My boy has been out for summer break since late May and starts back mid-August. I hope you have a nice holiday! And your shawl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is looking so pretty I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww looking amazing! How pretty! I do like knitting after a bout of crochet! It makes me all excited! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I have actually managed to get my knitting and crocheting to a point where I only have one WIP! It's scary but now that I have, I can't seem to cast on more than one project at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is on my list for this year. Have 880 yds of yarn to be sure I can make it bigger. Love the color of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo pretty. I've been staring at the pictures and wanting to cast on something just like it! Is it the darker cranberry red of the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that shawl wonderful?? I love knitting it. Love the color you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the end of term! What a gorgeous shawl, and a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this when you posted it, it's awesome. Making my way today to the blogs from YOP on my blog log...though you didn't have a new post yet, I decided to cruise around a bit on your blog and am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete