Wednesday 13 July 2011

Quilting WiP Wednesday 13th July 2011

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

Another week and time to link to this fantastic blog and enjoy all the inspiring work out there.  

This week has been a lesson in when to pick the most appropriate time to try and quilt!  This morning for instance I dropped my youngest off at playgroup and thought 'get the washing up done, having a cuppa and then quilt'.  Well I managed to sew pieces back to front, redo them, the bobbin ran out, the phone rang..... and then it was time to get Erin from playgroup and I was nowhere further forward!  In future I shall leave quilting until I have at least 2 hours guaranteed quiet time!  

The patterned section of my disappearing 9 patch is finished though :-)  Annoyingly despite carefully laying all the pieces out so that no matching fabrics were touching and carefully bringing ordered piles of blocks to the sewing table I still managed to get 2 pieces together and I didnt notice until pressing the seams.  Can I live with it or should I go and rip back???



Arghhhhh whilst uploading the photos I've noticed another couple of misplaced pieces!!!  Its so frustrating and I'm not sure how they managed to sneak in the wrong place!  I might leave it a few days before looking at it again and then decided whether to rip it back :-(

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't touch it, consider it part of the charm ;) As my mother used to say "a blind man would be pleased to see it". Now that I think of it, quite a strange non-pc remark! My finish this week has two similar places, I know they're there, but they are hard for even me to find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh isn't your fabric choice gorgeous! I don't think you should rip it out - it looks pretty random to me and I can't see the ones that match up! If I had done it I would have them all together and fabric pooling everywhere! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for the misplaced ones and can't see them, love the colours hon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics you chose for this quilt! I can't see the misplaced fabrics myself. My rule of thumb is if you think it will still bug you in five years, rip it out. Otherwise, just go with it. I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's only you that will notice the misplaced parts (I didn't and I knew they were there!), so personally I'd leave it. It looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see a mistake anywhere. Your work is beautiful! I wouldn't rip it out. I think it looks amazing as it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I play games with myself sometimes about when to knit, say you've x number of household things to do, but you want to knit. Sometimes I play a number game. I walk through the house and do say 5 things in each room. Like picking up and putting away, or making the bed etc. I move to the next room when I hit 5..doesn't take very long and you've done 5 things in each room (or less if there really isn't 5 things needing to be done), then I sit down and knit 5 rows, then start through the house again. That way I get some things done and get some knitting done too. Sometimes I do it differnetly. I clean one row, then knit for half an hour or 15 minutes and start over again. Right now for example, I'm visiting 5 blogs, because I've just vaccumed all but 1 room, then I'll knit a section, then I'll vaccum the last room.

    ReplyDelete