Wednesday 6 July 2011

WIP Wednesday 6th July 2011

Welcome July!!!  These WIP Wednesdays certainly make the week fly by.  Its another sunny but breezy Wednesday after a hot and muggy few days.  Progress really is slow when the weather is too sticky.  Had a lovely day at the beach on Sunday though with a roast beef picnic followed by scones, strawberries and clotted cream yum :-)



I love little feet :-)






Anyway onto my WIP.  My blanket is nearly a FO - finally sewn all the ends in and whipstitched it together just the border to do now.  I'm still wondering what sort of border to add as I don't really like the scalloped edge one from the pattern.  Hoping that it will be finished either for FO Friday or for my first Year of Projects update on Sunday.  Not really sure where the blanket is going to live.  I started it 9 years ago to cover a very old and shabby navy sofa that we had, since then we've had 3 other shabby sofas and the one we are on to now doesn't really show off the blanket.  It was laid out as a rug on the front room floor last night and feels lovely to walk over in bare feet - those double treble crochet stitches are very textured!!!

on our current sofa - it doesn't do it justice


I hope this wednesday finds you well.  Pop over to Tami's Amis blog to see what everyone else is up to this week :-)

13 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love the colours - I think a rather simple border would be better since the blue really stands out already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. I second the idea of a simple border to set off the pattern in the squares :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful already, I have to agree with what the others have said and I think it just needs a really simple border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another vote for a simple border here - it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not use it as a rug?? LOL! It will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours. The blue really pops. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! It looks like it would be perfect for snuggling under. Well, maybe not right now, but in a few months. Looking forward to seeing what border you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color scheme! I'm a sucker for blues and browns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, I love sand/beach pics! The blanket is looking amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds you had a great picnic, and the colors of that blanket are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blanket looks wonderful! I love the color combinations. I also vote for a simple border.

    ReplyDelete